- Subordinated loans / Mezzanine capital:
“Rantum Private Debt Fund I” focusses on subordinated loans and mezzanine capital. We typically invest 5-30 million EUR per transaction although we have also deployed significantly larger tickets (up to 50 million EUR and more) in the past together with our co-investment partners. In every investment Rantum Capital acts as interface to the Mittelstand company. The tenor of financing is 5-7 years; the interest rates typically range in the low-teens and are payable monthly or quarterly. PIK components can also be included in the structuring of our loans. In a blended rate perspective with lower-priced senior loans, it yields an attractive overall cost of capital for Mittelstand entrepreneurs.
Together with our joint venture partner Cedarlake Capital we advise “Cedarlake Private Equity Fund I”, which invests common equity both in majority and qualified minority situations. The entrepreneur typically retains an equity stake and thus profits significantly from the value creation due to the stimulated growth in China and the rest of Asia. Together with committed co-investment facilities the fund regularly deploys 50-300 million EUR per transaction and focuses on enterprise values of maximum 1 billion EUR. The investment horizon is typically approx. 5 years.
"Both disruption and digitalization need to be considered in each investment decision."
Marc PahlowFounder & Managing Director
- Machine Making, Capital Goods, Technology & Automation Dr. Michael Rogowski Dr. Hans-Peter Sollinger
- Industrials, Automotive, Aerospace & Defense, Metal-Processing and Industry 4.0 Klaus Eberhardt
- Chemicals Dr. Lothar Steinebach
- Healthcare & Pharma Dr. Karl-Ludwig Kley Thomas Ebeling
- Retail, Consumer Goods, Food & Beverage Dr. Hans-Joachim Körber
- IT, Digital & Media Karlheinz Kögel
- Energy, Infrastructure & Business Services Dr. Alfred Tacke
- Financial Services Hendrik Borggreve
- Tourism & Aviation Joachim Hunold
- Logistik, Services & Human Resources Dr. Frank-Jürgen Weise
"Investing into the right people is the most efficient strategy to reduce risk."
Wolfgang HartmannIndustrial Partner & Chairman of the Investment Committee Debt
"Good strategic advice is quite often worth more than capital."
Dr. Hans-Joachim KörberIndustrial Partner for Retail, Consumer Goods, Food & Beverage